This is a trial service —your feedback will help us to improve it.

Tenancy Deposit Loan

You can request an advance of your salary to assist you with financing a tenancy deposit.

Tenancy Deposit Loan

Who is it for?

Staff who have completed at least two month’s service. This scheme is not available to those on leave without pay and overseas staff including LEC’s, Agency staff and Interns.


What is it for?

This service allows you to apply for an advance of salary loan, to help you to meet the cost of funding a deposit for a rental property.


What do I get?

Meeting the cost of a deposit can be a barrier when you want to move home. This initiative has been developed by the Department of Communities and Local Government to assist you in meeting this cost through an interest-free and tax-free loan.

It is limited to only cover the cost of your tenancy deposit, and must be repaid over no more than 12 months.

How do I claim?


Complete HR Form 258: Request for Tenancy Deposit Advance to apply. You will need to specify the value of the advance you require, and the number of months you want to repay back the advance.


Submit the completed form to DBS by the tenth day of the month in which the loan is required at the latest via Digital Workplace or post to:

Defence Business Services

Scanning Hub

PO Box 38

Cheadle Hulme

SK8 7NU.

What happens next?

You will be contacted by DBS.

For further information about this scheme, please see the Advances of Salary- Loan Deposit Scheme Policy.


Can't find what you're looking for?

Search Benefits & Categories

Is this page useful?